Saturday, January 19, 2008

Family Time

One of my favorite things about my current season of life is family time. My #1 coined this term when she was very young...I mean not really made it up, but assigned its meaning to our particular family.....She absolutely loves it when we are all together and just focusing on each other.

Sometimes it means watching a movie, or reading in one bed or eating ice cream together.

Several Friday nights ago we had one of my favorite family times to date. #1 and #2 wanted to take Daddy out to a fancy restaurant, but that wasn't very feasible, so I suggested we make our dining room into a fancy restaurant. They set the table, we found vases(empty) and candles(unlit) to adorn the table. Honestly, I cannot even remember what we ate, probably pizza if it was a Friday, but that wasn't the point of the dinner!

When Mr. Brick came home from work #1 asked him to leave his fancy clothes on....his suit. Then she picked out my outfit and got herself dressed, quite the pair we were! I put on fancy jewelry and we both wore lipstick.

After dinner they wanted to dance! We have a disco strobe light {a souvenir from my 30th bday bash!} and although #1 wanted to dance in the front yard, the play room worked. We plugged in the light, turned on the radio and danced. I almost had tears in my eyes. I was holding #3 and we all danced for several songs. #2 even played the kiddie piano for us. It was so fun, us being silly. It didn't last long, but it didn't have to.

When we walked back inside I thanked Mr. Brick for being silly with us. It takes a very secure Daddy to be that silly and happy about it! And we have him! These are the memories I want to build for my babes. Silly family nights when we are all together, playing and singing and laughing.

I hope you take time to be silly. Maybe even today.

Happy Saturday~

7 comments:

Sarah Knapp said...

I have tears in my eyes...

Bobbie said...

That was wonderful...

Anonymous said...

Your life is like a really good book! How blessed you all are!!! :-)

Love,
Quiltermama

Anonymous said...

You two are the best Mommy and Daddy!! Your babes are blessed as you are!

Becky said...

That sounds like so much fun! It's a priviledge to create wonderful memories with, and for, our children!

Anonymous said...

I have HUGE tears welling up in my eyes ... I know what great parents you two are ... how much your blog inspires me every time I read it ... as I am almost six months pregnant myself with a little girl, if you can believe that!!

Thanks for giving me parenting tips even though you may not know you are doing so ... and being an inspiration on your relationship with Mr. Brick.

I miss you so much!

Stacy Grant

MiChal said...

Wow. What a wonderful family you are.