Tuesday, March 27, 2007

10 on Tuesday

10 things I am because Christ said so:

*a child of God- born of God (John 1:12-13)

*free from condemnation(Romans 8:1)

*a saint (Romans 8:27)

*a new creature(2 Corinthians 5:17)

*alive and forgiven of all my transgressions (Colossians 2:13)

*adopted as God's child(Ephesians 2:19)

*God's workmanship created for good works( Ephesians 2:10)

*holy and blameless and beyond reproach (Colossians 1:22)

*a possessor of the mind of Christ( (1 Corinthians 2:16)

* given eternal life today (Revelation 1:5)


Some days I don't feel like many of those things. My Bible study this week focused on my identity in Christ versus my identity in the world. I often allow my surroundings to dictate how I feel about myself and that is just plain wrong. When I accepted Christ as my Saviour I took on a new identity. I am His and because He loves me I am also all of the things above and more!

Another quote from my Bible study has really got me thinking.....

Because I know I'm loved and accepted by God, I can love and accept you.
We will treat people the same way we think God treats us. If you think that
God is always disappointed with you and upset with you, that probably will
be the way you treat other people. ...The way we think we're being treated
by God is the way we will treat other people.

How are you treating others?

Happy Tuesday~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you don't mind I copid your "10" this week. I need a constant reminder in my face at work! I love you, Mamasan

Anonymous said...

I am so glad.....copy away!!