Thursday, November 30, 2006

A Holiday Quiz

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? hot chocolate with mini marshmallows.....just a nip of egg nog on Christmas Eve
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Wraps them in his own special paper!
3. White or Colored lights on tree/house? Colored reminds me of my childhood, but I think I like white better.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? ooooh....I should!
5. When do you put your decorations up? over several days just after Thanksgiving....
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
my Granny's pineapple dressing
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: watching for Santa in the sky as we picked my mom up from work on Christmas Eve after her 3-11 shift....we saw him, too!
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? it was 4th grade, I wrote a note and left it on my mom's pillow and thought I would get in trouble
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? yes, just one.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? we are working on that, this is our first year in our own home. So far we have lights up!
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? love it because we never have it. It was fun at my parents' 2 years ago!
12. Can you ice skate? negative
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? one year my sister and I got tons of stationary supplies, enevelopes, paper, stickers, etc....it rocked!
14.What is your favorite holiday dessert? hmmm, fudge~
15. What is your favorite holiday tradition? singing Silent Night by candlelight in church on Christmas Eve
16. What's your least favorite holiday tradition? don't think I have one, maybe repacking all the decorations?
17. What tops your tree? I'll have to let you know.
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? giving, definitely giving.
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? O Holy Night, Jingle Bell Rock, Go Tell It On the Mountain
20. Do you like Candy Canes? In moderation.

Now you answer the questions....in your blog or in a comment to mine......Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

Justin said...

You added a link! That's AWESOME!

Anonymous said...

I will haveto comment since I do not have a blog of my own!

A Holiday Quiz

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate--especially made with milk and some teeny marshmallows. Egg nog tastes nasty!!!
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? He wraps them in special "Santa" paper unless it is too big or awkward--think scooter with helmet.
3. White or Colored lights on tree/house? I like the colored lights because I love rainbows!
4. Do you hang mistletoe? No. That would take effort.
5. When do you put your decorations up? Whenever my husband pulls them out of the attic and decides to put it up. The kids think that that is his job! I put up the knick-knacks as soon as I get the boxes!
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? stuffed celery
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: I remember Santa leaving a trail from the door to the stockings one year. The fireplace couldn't be used, so he came in the front door, but he dropped all sorts of stuff!
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I don't know how old I was, but we caught Poppa building the Barbie RV! We didn't say anything till the next morning, of course, because we did want it put together!
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yes. My husband's family opens all family gifts on Christmas Eve, then we do Santa on Christmas morning.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? It is a hodge-podge! The kids have made lots of things and we just put it all up. I have other ideas, but since I don't live by myself, I will try to get over it!
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? It is great!
12. Can you ice skate? I did in high school, but I would be a chicken now.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? A baseball and glove.
14.What is your favorite holiday dessert? cracker cookies
15. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Being together as a family. We do my Family's Christmas the weekend before Christmas, and we spend actual Christmas with my husband's family.
16. What's your least favorite holiday tradition? Not being at my own house on Christmas morning. Don't get me wrong, as I said, I love being together with family, but sometimes, I just want my space!
17. What tops your tree? A beautiful angel in silver and gold. My daughter picked him out and his name is Alabaster--from Max Lucado's book.
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Giving!
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? O Holy Night and Away in a Manger
20. Do you like Candy Canes? Not the whole thing, but I have been known to stir them into my hot chocolate.

Anonymous said...

Wasn't the Barbie RV the coolest!?

I "inherited" one from my cousins, and it was the best toy ever!!! Lots of road trips for Barbie and her many clones!!!