Friday, February 05, 2010

My sweet #3 is going thru a little momma separation anxiety. On Tuesday, Mr. Brick arrived home at about 530 pm. He  told me to hurry up and get my run in before it got dark. As I was lacing up my shoes, #3 said 'Are you going running?'
{In a side note I LOVE that my babes know I run. They often want to run with me. I have not become unselfish enough to give up my hour of silence to let them join me, but I am pleased as punch that running somehow defines a part of me for them. Another day, another post.}

I told her that I was going to go run and would be back in one hour. She started crying, 'Noooooooooo, I don't want you running. I want you to stay here. With me.' I tried to reason with her that we had spent the last 12 hours together. Side by side, totally focused on one another. That in fact, she had not even napped that day, so she really had been with me for the entire day. T.w.e.l.v.e. hours. As I said that I also said, on 2nd thought I might run for two hours.....just kidding!

I left and her daddy had to deal with her. When I returned she jumped up and rushed me at the door. Quickly she told me 'You stink!' but my welcome was a warm one.

Last night as I was doing the kid handoff at basketball practice we had a similar episode. Lots of crying, hugging my leg, sadness. Mr. Brick seriously had to peel her off of me and I left listening to her tears. When I got home later I asked if she stopped as soon as I left. {Generally speaking, our children give us a big show of crocodile tears and as soon as we are out of sight, so are the water works} However the mister said that this time she was sad for a long time, until they got home. He could distract her for a second, then she'd remember I was gone and start bawling again.

I hurt when my babes hurt. I am sad when they are sad. But part of my heart is so grateful that #3 and I are bonded in such a way that she desperately misses me when I am gone. Neither the mister nor I could remember this phase with #1 or #2. The mister is certain we have blocked it out of our memory, ha! I am going to savor these tight neck hugs and cries for Momma.........the days are fleeting and soon, my 2 yr old #3 will be too big to hold..........ala #1..........

Happy Friday~

No comments: