Monday, February 01, 2010

530 Club

"you hear my voice in the morning; at sunrise I offer my prayer and wait for your answer." Psalm 5:3



I love to wake up early. Crawl out of bed in the dark, tip toe to the kitchen, start the coffee and my worship music on itunes.

Wait, I don't love to wake up early.

I love the effect it has on my day. I have been doing this with semi-regularity for at least a year. I started a group on FB dedicated to encouraging my friends to wake up early. I have a friend named Kat who was instrumental in helping me realize the inherent value in purposely getting up early.

Kat has started a new blog that is all about mothering and the first series is about getting up early. I also sometimes read the Girl Talk blog which is focusing on rising early this month, too.

It is easy hard to do. It takes committment. Some days all I can do is get out of bed and call that success. Some days I have a super fabulous quiet time with the Lord and hit my day running. Some days I spend more time reading FB status updates and looking at pictures.

However, I am confident my early morning time is not wasted. Even if the only visible benefit is the easier way I interact with my children after having two cups of coffee in me, its worth it, don't you think?

What time do you get up?

Happy Monday~

PS  On the side I posted a button that will lead you to Kat's ebook, Maximize Your Mornings. Read it! You'll be excited to get up tomorrow!

3 comments:

Christine Hoover said...

I've been getting up early for a few months now and it's made a WORLD of difference in my day, not to mention consistency in the Word. And I am NOT a morning person.

Justin said...

I think there's normal person early, and there's college student early.

On Mondays and Wednesdays, and sometimes Fridays, I'm up at 6:45ish. This is unheard of among the 18-22 crowd.

I also like waking up early (again 6:30 is REALLY pushing it). I feel like my day is a lot more full after all is said and done.

michelle said...

ok. so you almost inspired me.
meaning i intended to get up early this morning and didn't quite make it.
maybe tomorrow is my day.
even considering it is a major shift for me!