Thursday, September 24, 2009

Thankful Thursday-

I feel like I use the word thankful a lot. When I write to friends I try to tell them how thankful I am for them. When I pray with my kids, I ask them what they are thankful for. I have decided to use the word grateful for a few days to see what happens.

So far it has made me more aware. I am much more intentional and conscious of what I am giving thanks for. I need to look at a thesaurus and come up with a few more words to use.

Today I am thankful for wisdom. I am grateful for wisdom. I am grateful for women in my life that share their wisdom with me, impacting me in many ways, both big and small.

I have a mentor that I meet with once a week. Sometimes we walk. Sometimes we talk. We drink coffee with cream some days. We work thru a workbook on other days {in fact, we need to get back to that workbook....}

She and I came to know each other in December of 2008. I had heard her name in various conversations and sought out her wise counsel. She did not disappoint! We have grown close over the months and I value her friendship a great deal. She is wise, kind, in love with Jesus and not afraid to ask me tough questions.

That is why I like it when we walk while we talk.....less eye contact that way!

It is extremely beneficial for me to have an outside perspective when I get caught up in the trees rather than the forest. I love that I know she will pray for me instantly when I send her a text or email.

I pray I am able to return the favor to a younger woman at some season in my life. We are called by God to help each other out and my mentor is living Titus 2 constantly in my life and with others. I feel smarter just standing next to her!

Where do you find your wisdom?

Happy Thursday~

No comments: