Sunday, January 11, 2009

Overview of my trip......

I had a good week in Michigan. I have an awesome friend who hooked me up with a standby ticket and travel was smooth sailing. I stayed with my aunt and uncle whom I adore and actually got some much needed rest. One morning I even slept til 10. I know, I will quit bragging now!

The service was held at my great-grandmother's Episcopal church and it was such a sweet worship experience. Obviously the people of that church loved my great grandmother. The pastor was a spunky old woman {85} and she was simply great. I felt very close to God while honoring Grandma Ruth and I feel like she would have been pleased. While we spoke of her, we also worshipped the Lord and that was meaningful to me.


After the graveside service we had lunch back at the church. One word- YUM! It was like Thanksgiving. I had small bites of about 15 different dishes on my plate. So good and thoughtful. We took a lot of family photos after lunch. It was good to have many{not all :( } of the cousins in the same room and we were able to take pictures with our grandparents.



Everyone seemed to be in high spirits. While selfishly we all will miss Grandma, not one of us wished her any longer to be suffering on this earth when Heaven was waiting for her!

It snowed while we were there and my sister and I enjoyed some sledding! I know the vehicle we were on wasn't actually a sled but I don't know how to spell tobagen....a little help from the Yanks, please.....


While I was reminded that some things never change it was a good respite from my everyday schedule here and absence definitely does make the heart grow fonder. I couldn't wait to see my kiddos and Mr. Brick. And they missed me, too!

Happy Sunday~

3 comments:

MiChal said...

You are so blessed to have a big, loving family. And snow too!!!!!!!!!!!

Kelly said...

Yeah, I am glad you had a good trip. It looks like a fun time by all. We would love to have you guys over, just let me know when is a good time for you. The boys are missing your kiddos!

Becky said...

Your family looks great. Glad you had a good time together. And what fun in the snow!