Tuesday, July 03, 2007

10 on Tuesday

Ten Reasons I Know I am an Adult:

1. I have wanted to utter the phrase "I'll give you something to cry about."
2. I had a hard time falling asleep last night because my mind wouldn't turn off.
3.In one 30 minute span during the last week I fried an egg, made a bottle, steam cleaned a chocolate milk stain and unloaded the dishwasher.
4.I consider 7:30 to be sleeping in.
5.I need to make an appointment with my insurance agent to discuss life insurance.
6.If I sit too long in one position things start to hurt.
7.I can say things like "He was my teacher 15 years ago."
8.I am concerned about fiber intake, cholesterol, blood sugar levels and the like.
9.I drive a minivan.
10. Three gorgeous babes call me mom and one wonderful man calls me his.

Aren't I blessed? I sometimes get sidetracked by all the things swirling around me. Especially in these last 10 weeks as our family grew and my brain became even more like mush. I was talking with a few friends yesterday and it is just amazing to me how time keeps marching on, whether I am making the most of it or not. I want to be deliberate in my living. Living for the Lord. Living a life worthy of His calling. I want my children to look up to me and for my husband to be thankful for me. Oh, it isn't easy and I have really been struggling lately. But today I feel renewed and I am excited about this season of life.

What are you excited about?

Happy Tuesday~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Baby snuggling (not to be confused wtih baby smuggling)! LOL!

You can tell that I can use some sleep! :-)

Love,
Quiltermama

Laura Brittain said...

I love your "ten things" posts! I can SOOOO identify with your list ... especially since I probably have 10 years on you! ;) I'm excited about my family, a little project Brian's working on, my little art business, all of the cool and faithful things God does, learning more each day who He is ... not so excited that 40 is getting closer. =)