Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Update

I am 24 weeks pregnant, meaning I only have 13 weeks until the big day. That seems insane. I am honestly getting rather anxious about having 3 kiddos. I know it can be done and I know it will be done. And I also know I will be the one doing it with tons of help from the marvelous Mr. Brick. I also know I am tired now and that will only increase in the months to come and possibly for years down the road!

Yet, I feel called to this motherhood thing. I feel blessed beyond measure by the hugs and kisses and pictures and successful potty attempts and smiles and dances and songs and stories. Lately #1 has begun telling me how much she will miss me when she grows up and has to live somewhere else. If I think about it too much it brings tears to my eyes, as well. I love her so much my heart could burst. When I check on her one last time before bed I kiss her cheek at least three times. When I go to make sure #2 is covered up I stroke his hair for a full minute. What I have I done to deserve such perfect gifts from Him? And how am I living each day to show my gratitude?

What are you doing to show your gratitude?

1 comment:

Sarah Knapp said...

You're a blessed woman mama brick:-)
Love, S.