Tuesday, June 29, 2010

My wedding day- 10 on Tuesday Edition

I married the mister ten years, 6 months and 18 days ago. I was a young 22 yr old at the time, just months out of college. I was the 1st of my crowd to get married and did not feel sure of myself and my decision making capabilities. As a result my wedding was very pretty and also very typical. There really wasn't anything that stood out.

I told a friend that once and it surprised her. Apparently I am not one to march to anyone else's drummer these days. In 1999 that wasn't quite the case.

I went to the wedding of a friend of mine's daughter on Saturday. This weekend I will go to another wedding of a friend's daughter. If I were to plan my wedding again I wouldn't change the biggest detail, I'd still marry the same mister.....but I would do a few things differently....

*I'd wear funky shoes
*I'd have a dj or cover band
*I'd take more fun portraits
*I'd get napkins with our monogram on them
*I'd have stayed at my reception longer
*I would have had a fuller veil.........though this turned out ok when it got pinned on upside down. My mom totally saved the day.
*I would have gone to the bathroom earlier in the day
*I would have had a house party
*I would have had cookies at the reception
*I would have changed before leaving the reception

Overall, none of these details alter the meaning of that day. It is when I vowed before the Lord, my family and friends to love my husband from that day forward. For better for worse. Til death do us part.

And I wouldn't change that for anything in the world.

Happy Tuesday~

No comments: