Friday, November 20, 2009

Faith on a Friday-

A few weeks ago I meet with a woman I hadn't talked to in several years. Before our chance meeting during a car accident on the side of the road in 2007 it had been at least 15 years since I was in her class. We, however, reconnected on facebook, of all places, and I loved reading the insight and wisdom and faith stories she wrote.

We met at a bookstore, shared a bit of where we were in life, our struggles, our successes and the basis for which all of the above comes from.

She gave me a packet of a Bible study. An in depth, inductive study on the book of 2 Timothy. I have never done an inductive study and I shared with her my desire for some structure and focus to my early morning quiet times.

Today I finished the last lesson on 2 Timothy, Chapter 1. The last questions asked my to read again chapter 1 and think about what Paul's instructions to Timothy meant to my salvation and my thoughts on my Savior.

This is what I wrote:
a. my salvation
-I have a sincere faith, as well. I pray that #1, #2 and #3's children may be told the same thing as 1:5
-I must continually 'kindle afresh the gift of God' which is in me!
-I have been given a spirit of power, love and discipline, not timidity
-I will have to suffer for the gospel
-I will guard the treasure, w/ the help of the Holy Spirit, which dwells in me.

b. my Savior
-is God the Father AND Christ Jesus our Lord
-I desire to serve God with a clear conscience (1:3)
-God has given me my spirit
-it is for HIS purpose I have been called
-He abolished death and brought life and immortality
-The Holy Spirit dwells in me!

Lots to think about today!
Happy Friday~

No comments: