Tuesday, November 18, 2008

If you have had any conversations with me lately you know that I am struggling balancing family life with my work commitments. I am torn between spending more time at home and not wanting to be with these hooligans at some points. Momma guilt is big and it is real.

So in an effort to re focus my attentions I am thinking of 10 things I am thankful for this day.

1. My warm house
2. My jobs are only part time
3. Healthy children
4. A gainfully employed husband
5. Enough cash to pay my bills
6. Food in my pantry
7. Health and dental insurance
8. My cell phone
9. Friends that encourage me
10. My Saviour

Yep, when I read over this very short list I realize how extremely blessed I am. Please don't misunderstand, I am not having a pity party every day. I just feel tired and like I am not giving any one thing my 100%. I know that this is a season in my life and it shall pass. At some point I will long for these days with my small children, disobedience and all.

I don't want to be a wet towel on anyone's momma parade, nor do I care to perpetuate any myths that this life is always easy and I am always cheerful. This is keepin' it real, folks.

I know my husband and I are doing the very best we can and I also know I need to rely on God for my strength. Perhaps that is what He is showing me as my #3 wakes up night after night.

What are you thankful for?

Happy Tuesday~

6 comments:

Justin said...

Our incredible God....because I keep messing up and for some reason he keeps nudging me back in the direction that I need to go in. Why is He so patient with me?

Sarah Knapp said...

I'm thankful for how we fold into each others' lives so easily - how we can just talk and don't have to explain things. I love that we know each other so well - and I love talking to that daughter of yours too:-)

Bobbie said...

Right now, I'm thankful that my whole family will be here for Thanksgiving. It's my favorite holiday...brings back lots of wonderful memories from my childhood. I'm sure there are many other things to be thankful for, but right now...that's it.

P.S. I think you're doing a fabulous job...life is not easy...our mothers always said that...so, keep "doing what you're doing"! Happy Thanksgiving!

Nicole said...

right now...
my kids.

Becky said...

Oh, I can agree with all you listed....well, except for #8 as you know! Can't seem to budget that one in! :o) Working on that!

I'd like to add FLANNEL SHEETS!! They feel sooooo good on these colder nights!

Anonymous said...

I'm thankful for this post because it reminds me that I'm not the only one with a baby who doesn't sleep all night, I'm not the only one who feels like she does a million things at once, but never really finishes one of them like I want to. I'm right there with you!