Sunday, October 05, 2008

Happy Birthday!


Today is my husband's birthday. He is getting a bit of a raw deal because of all the wedding 'stuff' but he doesn't care. He has never been one to celebrate himself. He is low key and would rather not have all the attention on him.
I love this man. He has been a part of my life for over 14 years and I really can't imagine it any other way. Last night we both stood up as witnesses for my sister and her new husband. I kept looking at my husband, thanking God for our own wedding ceremony 9 years ago.
He is an incredible daddy. I love him more now than I ever have. Watching him interact with our children is such a treasure to me. He has been helping them learn their memory verses and it is a special thing to hear him teach them Scripture.
I love him so and yet I know our love will continue to grow. There are trials we haven't faced yet, places we haven't been. And I am so thankful I get to do life with this man by my side.
Happy Birthday, babe!

4 comments:

Charly said...

I remember when we had Computer Literacy with that really small teacher who kind of looked like the Travelocity gnome... anyway, you were using MS Paint and you made a pic that said "I like John Brick"... that was a Loooooong time ago!

Sarah Knapp said...

Awwwww....I love you guys both!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to the best son-in-law ever!!!! Glad we were able to celebrate with you this weekend!

AG

Emily said...

Happy b-day to your hubby. Ok, so weird that our b-days are so close. And Geoff's is today. CRAZY!!