Monday, July 07, 2008

Aha! Moment

This morning during my quiet time a verse really jumped out at me. I have heard the idea many times, but by His divine intervention this morning I really thought about the reality of this verse :

Because he himself suffered when he was tempted, he is able to help those who are being tempted. Hebrews 2:18

{ok, now I can't get the tab off}

I have known that Jesus was tempted many times while on earth. What I hadn't thought about was the fact that he actually suffered while being tempted. That is a whole different ball game to me. I guess in my stupidity I just figured it was no big deal for Him to ask His father for help and move on through the wilderness. However, the Bible told me today that indeed, He suffered.

I guess I can too.

Happy Monday~

4 comments:

Sarah Knapp said...

Guess there's not much in the human world He missed out on which I think is good for us, in that way that exercise and veggies are good for us. We need a God who knows what we're going through.

God loves you and so do I!
S.

Becky said...

I like it when that happens!
Always, always, always something to learn in the word!

Quiltermama said...

That's a new perspective that I hadn't taken in either, having heard this verse many, many times!

Jaci2424 said...

I love that verse!