Saturday, May 03, 2008

Lewy Body Disease

Medicine Mix up

Parkinson's Delusions

Stress

What is making my granny sick? Why is she seeing people that aren't there? Why does she think we are all trying to kill her?

What could be making her brain betray her in such a terrible way?

While I have not been online these last three weeks I have been spending a ton of time with my granny, grandpa and cousin. My granny is in the hospital in Houston and it takes almost 2 hours to get there. My grandpa has gone every day and I have gone every other day.

It is hard. She seems to be getting worse in my observation, yet the psychiatrist remains hopeful. For the longest time she still felt I was on her side but when she woke up from her nap on Thursday afternoon she was filled with paranoia and certain Justin and I were going to shoot her.

Just breaks my heart. I am not sad for me, my feelings aren't hurt and I am not yet frustrated. I am just sad for Granny. How scared she must be as we surround her and she feels threatened by all of us.

I will be heading that way later today, as soon as my mom calls. It takes two of us to be with her and we get tired. My husband and kiddos have been completely understanding and I am trying to balance my energies. I am no martyr and am not trying to be.

I simply love my granny and want her to feel comfortable. And although this is such a hard time I am thankful that my family is rallying together to care for her.

So much for a comeback post.

8 comments:

Becky said...

My kids always welcome playmates..........!!!! Let us know when we could have yours to help you out! xoxo

alice said...

So sorry, Jamee. Lifting you and your's up...

Sarah Knapp said...

I love you.

Quiltermama said...

Praying for ya'll!!!

Kalley said...

Romans 8:38

brickmomma said...

UPDATE:

Today was much better. Still delusional, but not so paranoid. She kept asking why the dr would write diagnosis: death on her chart and we kept telling her he didn't. She ate at least 3 cups of ice cream and lots of her dinner.

It is headway......

Anonymous said...

No matter how down or scared or sad I get, I am always amazed that I could have produced such a wonderful daughter. God is good. We will get through this and thanks so much for being there for Granny and Grandpa and me. I love you. Mom

Bobbie said...

so sorry for your struggles...must be very frustrating...you can always call me if you need a break...I'm at Becker MWF...