Mr. Brick and I had our first date 14 years ago today.
Yes, I know it is April Fool's Day. Seems appropriate, doesn't it?
Here are 14 facts about our relationship:
1. I asked him to prom
2. We dated for 6 months before our first kiss
3. We went to rival high schools
4. We broke up several times during our first year in college
5. The first meal he made for me was pot roast. I thought it tasted too much like red wine.
6. We went to each other's high school graduations, though we were kind of broken up at the time
7. We have always loved to two-step
8. Our first date was 8 Seconds. The movie.
9. His mom inadvertently got us back together when she invited me on a family vacation while we were again broken up. We never broke up again!
10. He brought me shrinky dinks when I had my wisdom teeth out. He got me a John Deere baseball cap for our first Christmas
11. He asked me to marry him on New Year's Eve in New Orleans. It wasn't as romantic as he wanted, though he did get down on one knee.
12. We took ballroom dance lessons before the wedding.
13. We were engaged for a year and a week........a bit long!
14. 12 years to the day after our first date we moved into out first house together......
Here's to the next 14 and beyond. I love you, Mr. Brick!!
Happy April Fool's Day~