Saturday, May 05, 2007

Update:

We went in to the dr for a weight check on Friday morning. All naked, #3 only weighed 6 lbs 1 oz. Her birth weight was 7 lbs 3 oz, so she has lost quite a bit of weight. And then at Target I beleive she lost several ounces in her diaper! Our dr wants us to start feeding her every 3 hrs, around the clock until she gets back to her birth weight.

That explains why I am up at 3:51 AM and just finished my own middle-of-the-night snack!

My alarm went off at 3 am and I was completely confused. As a momma to 2 preschoolers I haven't had to set my alarm in a very long time. As a woman recovering from a 3rd csection, I am still enjoying some pain medication......both make for a bit of grogginess in the middle of the night-

However we arose, #3 had to be prodded just a bit to take her bottle, but she did eat all 2 ounces!! When I put her back into her bassinet my tummy was rumbly.....and since I am still attempting the whole breastfeeding thing I easily justified a bowl of rasin bran.........something I wouldn't even allow myself to do when I was pregnant and suffering from insomnia!

I am thru now and need to hit the hay since I reset my alarm for 615.........no more cereal then, though!

Happy Saturday............we go back in on Monday for another weight check, I will let you know how it goes!

5 comments:

Sarah Knapp said...

I think the rasin bran is completely justified! You need to keep your strength up:-)
I love you!!!!

Anonymous said...

We had to wake our to eat too- kinda nuts when all you want to do is sleep!!!!! I also enjoyed bowls of cereal in the middle of the night! Hang in there- this time will go by quickly! Nicole

Anonymous said...

i probably should have gone to the cereal to, just to keep myself awake.

Anonymous said...

Your story w/ nursing reminds me of what I went through w/ C1. We also had to supplement, but eventually made it back to nursing full time. Hang in there! Oh, and you are right about the blogging....I'm addicted!!!

Anonymous said...

Now, you've got me eating raisin bran for breakfast! How easily these cravings get started! ;-)

Hang in there, girl! I'm praying for a great check-up for baby today!!!

Love,
Quiltermama