Monday, May 14, 2007

This is one of those ironic moments as a mother. It is 5 am. #3 has not eaten since 1 am. I have been awake on and off since 4, listening to her little grunts, ready to get up and feed her. But she won't wake up! And I can't sleep! I am thankful she is growing so well and we don't need to wake her every 3 hours. I am also thankful she is stretching the time between night time feedings. I guess I will just have a long day today...........thank goodness for my 3! hour nap yesterday on my near perfect Mother's Day!

My #1 and #2 and Mr. Brick surprised me with breakfast in bed. Mr. Brick made HOMEMADE biscuits and gravy, oh my! Then we attended church with Mr. Brick's parents and sat in on a very special Sunday School lesson. After a deliciouso pasta lunch I settled in for a nap with #1. The LOUD thunder woke up #2 and I had a sweet minute of snuggling with both of them in bed. They couldn't sleep thru the storm, left the bed and I got 3! hours of sleep, woohooooooooooooo!

The only thing that could have made my day complete would be if I could have seen my Momma.......maybe next weekend!

1 comment:

Sarah Knapp said...

Sounds like a wonderful day! I thought you were meeting up in Houston though? Grandma was glad she got to talk to you yesterday:-)
Happy Monday, Love - S.